On Sunday, 19 May 2019 at 16:47:39 UTC, Mike Brockus wrote:
On Sunday, 19 May 2019 at 07:46:11 UTC, Johannes Loher wrote:
Am 18.05.19 um 08:20 schrieb Mike Brockus:
[...]

Hey there,

I already tried to answer your questions on reddit.

You can post links here by simply pasting the URL (the link will not be highlighted in the editor, but it will be when it is posted).

Regarding your problem: Could you please describe what you are actually trying to do? Are you trying to use D in an exisiting Meson project (as an addition to the existing code)? Why are you trying to use the Unity test framework (I only had a quick look at it, but from what I saw it uses a lot of preprocessor macros which will make it difficult to get it wotk work properly with D). Why not use the built-in unittests or one of the many already existing unit testing frameworks for D ([1], [2], [3], [4], [5])?

[1] https://code.dlang.org/packages/unit-threaded
[2] https://code.dlang.org/packages/dunit
[3] https://code.dlang.org/packages/d-unit
[4] https://code.dlang.org/packages/fluent-asserts
[5] https://code.dlang.org/packages/trial

I am trying to do two things one being able to turn a pure C project into a pure D project without destroying the existing file structure.
The project (https://github.com/squidfarts/c-project.git)

The other is to make a new Arduino UNO board project that leverages existing C and C++ code so I can spend small amounts of time writing new D code as I update all of my Arduino applications.

I would like to use the Unity test framework for that Arduino UNO based project that uses D, C, C++ and both Meson build system and Conan package manager. The part with C and C++ are just for linking with the Arduino libraries, including exiting classes while I write new D code to replace the existing C and C++ code where ever it makes since. Conan is used to get both the Unity and CMock from GitHub.

For the pure D project I would like to use whatever D provides me. Since you provided this list I would start with unit-threaded and see if it can help with this main function problem.

Hey again, does my answer from reddit not solve your first problem (keeping the existing file structure)? As mentioned, using Unity for the tests does not really make sense with D, though it might be possible to use it with dpp ([1]).

Regarding your second problem: The Arduino UNO is based on the ATmega328P, which is an AVR chip. There is currently no D compiler available, that targets AVR, so you won‘t be able to use D for programming your Arduino UNO for now. There have been discussions about this ([2], [3]), but for now it is simply not possible.

[1] https://github.com/atilaneves/dpp
[2] https://forum.dlang.org/thread/1328258826.2142.4.camel@ububox?page=1 [3] https://forum.dlang.org/thread/zvderukicijcuxgqg...@forum.dlang.org