On Monday, 27 May 2019 at 07:16:37 UTC, BoQsc wrote:
On Sunday, 26 May 2019 at 20:37:36 UTC, Jon Degenhardt wrote:
[...]

The desktop computer I'm testing this on contains Solid State Drive, a Windows 10 Home Operating system and about 7-9 years old of hardware. But remember, we are living in a 21 century, the hardware performance is great, even for the old hardware that is 10 years old, especially the desktops.

I tried to disable Windows Defender real-time protection, it didn't helped to speed up rdmd. However until I test it on Linux, I can't be sure if Windows do not have other less obvious quirks that could slow down third party programs such as D compiler or rdmd.

I can confirm, without measuring the exact timing, "dmd -run test.d" feels much faster than "rdmd test.d". I would say 1 second instead of 2 seconds.

Kind regards
André