On Wednesday, 19 June 2019 at 21:21:53 UTC, XavierAP wrote:
On Wednesday, 19 June 2019 at 18:56:57 UTC, BoQsc wrote:
I would like to make sure that my modules do not interfere with d lang. Is there any way to escape reserved words?

The only reason C# allows this is for interop or code generation for other languages that use the same keyword. For example "class" is an HTML attribute.

There is no excuse to do this for any other reason -- and C# gurus would also agree.

I would like to make sure that my modules do not interfere

Then don't name them as keywords :)

I used twice a similar system (&<keyword>) that exists in ObjFPC. The context was a RTTI inspector and allowed to have enum members displayed without using a prefix or a translation table. Just to say, it's rarely useful but nice to have.

I would have preferred #<keyword> so much more that the "body" -> "do" change, which was a bad decision because focused on a detail. You mentioned "class"...