Am I mistaken in saying that we are conflating:
   "anything that is logically const should be declared const"
   // makes perfect sense
// e.g. the lowest 2, and some branches of the 3rd and 4th, levels // of members (and a subset of the overall methods) in a 5-deep type hierarchy are const
with:
   "most code/data should be declared const"
   // no! isn't efficient code all about mutation?
// no grounds for, e.g.: "ideally, no more than 40% of code should be doing mutation"