On Thursday, 1 August 2019 at 21:12:51 UTC, ag0aep6g wrote:
`choose`'s parameters aren't lazy. So the second argument is evaluated even when `previous is null`. That means `intervalRange` is called on a null `previous`. And that fails, of course, because `intervalRange` can't access `starts` or `stops` when `this` is null.

I forgot about lazy parameters. I tried changes myFilters second parameter to lazy, but that didn't help. So I guess I'm stuck with the "if" version using the ForwardRange interface (version 2)? Anyone have any other thoughts?