On Friday, 4 October 2019 at 15:03:04 UTC, Johan Engelen wrote:
On Thursday, 3 October 2019 at 14:21:37 UTC, Andrea Fontana wrote:

In D arrays are fat pointer instead:

int[10] my_array;

my_array is actually a pair ptr+length.

```
int[10] my_static_array;
int[] my_dynamic_array;
```

my_static_array will not be a fat pointer. Length is known at compile time. Address is known at link/load time so it's also not a pointer but just a normal variable (& will give you a pointer to the array data).
my_dynamic_array will be a pair for ptr+length.

-Johan

What if you pass a static array to a function that expects a dynamic array. Will D automatically create a dynamic array from the static array?