On Monday, 7 October 2019 at 17:24:19 UTC, Ferhat Kurtulmuş wrote:
On Monday, 7 October 2019 at 17:11:08 UTC, Just Dave wrote:
I need a stack and a queue and I noticed that the standard library doesn't appear to have one. Which is ok. I just need something that can logically behave as a stack and queue, which I think the dynamic array should be able to do (if I understand correctly this is effectively the equivalent of vector<T> in C++ or List<T> in C#). However, I'm having a hard time figuring out the best way to push, pop, enqueue and dequeue using D.

I'm not seeing here: https://dlang.org/spec/arrays.html, anyway to remove from the array. What's the correct syntax/method call for this? I see you can easily concatenate with '~', but I see no corresponding delete.

Sorry for the newbie question, but I'm just unsure where to look for this.

Built-in D arrays rely on garbage collector, and you don't need an explicit delete. For nogc arrays, there are 3rd party libs and std.container.array. take a look at
https://dlang.org/phobos/std_container_array.html

I'm not talking about memory deletion. I'm talking about push, pop, enqueue, and dequeue behavior. I'd assume in a garbage collected language letting the reference float off should be picked up by the GC.