On Friday, 18 October 2019 at 06:36:49 UTC, Elronnd wrote:
I guess I'm mostly confused as to what your roadblock is: once you've imported derelict.opengl, you have all the same opengl functions as you would have in c++; once you've imported derelict.sdl, you have all the same sdl functions as in c++. The only thing I can think of aside from that is math or gui libs--but in your c++ engine, it looks like you implemented those from scratch.

The point is, I would like first to try some existing Dlang-based game or engine, to evaluate if Dlang really gives me so much more advantage/convenience over C++ (or Rust). Depending on that I will decide if it is worth to invest the effort to migrate all my stuff to Dlang.

Also while in C/C++ I hacked most of functionality (math,GUI,renderer,physics-engine) from scratch, I would prefer to rely on some solid reliable standard libraries from Dlang. My stuff is usually kinda "The best you can make in one week". One reason why I re-implemented so much things (like GUI, which I really hate to do) is because I find it quite painful to install&configure libraries in C/C++ (especially when versions changes). I hope that with Dlang's Dub or Rust's Cargo this will be much easier and I will use 3rd party libraries more.