On Friday, 8 November 2019 at 10:40:15 UTC, dangbinghoo wrote:
hi,

is the runtime d code implemented purely with betterC?

i was thinking that what's happening when we building ARM dlang compiler, when the dlang compiler ready in the first, there's no ARM version of the runtime lib and phobos, so, it's likely we are using bare metal D and trying to build the runtime.

druntime is not compiled as `-betterC`, because the entire point of `-betterC` is to prevent a dependency on druntime, at least at link-time [so C forward declarations and some templates can be used by code compiled as `-betterC`].

I'm not sure what you are trying to achieve; you can easily cross-compile druntime & Phobos with LDC, see https://wiki.dlang.org/Building_LDC_runtime_libraries.