On Wednesday, 27 November 2019 at 16:16:04 UTC, René Heldmaier wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for some basic matrix/vector operations and other numeric stuff.

I spent quite a lot time in reading through the mir documentation, but i kinda miss the bigger picture. I'm not a Python user btw. (I know C,C++,C#,Matlab..).

I have also looked at the documentation of the lubeck package.

What i have seen right now reminds me of the saying "Real programmers can write FORTRAN in any language".

Is there a type to do matrix operations with nice syntax (e.g. using * operator for multiplication)?

Matrix/vector operations can be done with lubeck, which itself is built upon mir. mtimes is the one for matrix multiplication.

I would not bank on any changes in operator overloading (e.g. allowing an operator for matrix multiplication) any time soon.