On 1/30/20 9:10 AM, ShadoLight wrote:

Why does the 'classical' template calling convention not work anymore in this case? (if the template name and function name are different it obviously still works). Note the templates were not defined in the simplified 'Eponymous Trick' style i.e.:

I know your question is pretty much answered, but to give you some historical perspective, the long form WAS allowed in the past (it may still be that way in D1), and I think there were ambiguity problems as described. So you can no longer do that.

It was actually much more restrictive before -- e.g. in order to do an eponymous template, you could have no other members in the template.

Probably we should adjust the examples to remove those that no longer work.

-Steve