On Thursday, 5 March 2020 at 18:33:41 UTC, Adam D. Ruppe wrote:
On Thursday, 5 March 2020 at 14:24:33 UTC, wjoe wrote:

[...]

template opDispatch(string name) {
    auto opDispatch(T, Args...)(Args args) {

[...]

NOTE: opDispatch suppresses internal compile errors, it will just say "no such property whatever". you can explicitly instantiate with `f.opDispatch!"whatever` to help see better errors.

Follow-up question:

Calling f.whatever!SomeResource(...); works no problem.
However I can't figure out how to call a function by explicitly instantiating opDispatch.

Since f.opDispatch!"load"(handle, "wallpaper.png");
doesn't compile, I refreshed my memory about the shortcut syntax and the eponymous syntax and the way I read it is that this is a template of a template.

So I tried this: f.opDispatch!"load".opDispatch!Bitmap(handle, "path/to/wallpaper.png");

But this doesn't compile either and errors out with:
Error: Cannot resolve type for f.opDispatch(T, ARGS...)(ResourceHandle handle, ARGS args)

I don't understand this error message. Which type can't be resolved?

Is there a way to look at output of what the compiler generates for f.whatever!SomeResource(...); ?