The problem is simple enough. iota doesn't currently try and work with any
type that has addition (like it probably should). It specifically only works
with integers, floating point values, and pointers.  BigInt is not an integral
type as far as std.traits is concerned. Only the built-in integer types are
integral types as far as it's concerned. What's required is a different trait
that tests that a type has arithmetic operations or for iota to simply test
that the type has + or += or whatever it needs internally. Then iota can have
an overload that works on any type that has the necessary operations.

We should fix that; I keep on meaning to add traits like isIntegerLike etc.