On Saturday, 22 March 2014 at 17:30:45 UTC, TJB wrote:
On Saturday, 22 March 2014 at 16:35:07 UTC, Brian Rogoff wrote:

This is a very interesting thread that you started. Could you flesh it out more with some example C++ that you'd like compared to D? I'm sure quite a few people would assist with a translation.

Well, right away people jumped to high-frequency trading. Although that may be the most visible area in computational finance - it's not the only one. There are areas where performance is crucial, but where trading is done at a lower frequency (where latency is not the main issue).

I apologize for that. HFT has been a driver of a lot of business and attention. Of course you are right about areas with less latency sensitivity and D is attractive there. Even in latency sensitive efforts I think could be D attractive for new efforts providing some of the memory management efforts continue to evolve. My main point was selling it would be tough.

Thanks
Dan