On Friday, 18 April 2014 at 01:07:40 UTC, bearophile wrote:
Kapps:

That code is not @nogc safe, as you're creating a dynamic array within it. The fact that LDC2 at full optimizations doesn't actually allocate is simply an optimization and does not affect the design of the code.

I've added the opposite of what you say in the DIP. So Walter can fix it if it's wrong, or leave it there if it's right, because that DIP can't miss to to specify one behavour or the other:
http://wiki.dlang.org/DIP60

Bye,
bearophile

Flags such as -O are specifically not supposed to change program behaviour. This being the case would completely discard that and allow code to be compiled only with a single compiler. Honestly, I think expecting that code to be allowed to use @nogc is a huge mistake and disagree with editing the DIP to include this solely because you decided it should.