On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 23:05:23 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 04/27/2014 12:43 AM, Dicebot wrote:
On Saturday, 26 April 2014 at 21:57:55 UTC, Timon Gehr wrote:
On 04/26/2014 09:27 PM, Daniel Murphy wrote:

We already have a feature to manage conflicts and organisation in D
code - modules!

Named mixin templates are a much closer fit.

Using named mixin templates for pure scope resolution is side effect and
should be discouraged in any reasonable code.

I don't really advocate using named mixin templates directly as much as just the same lookup rules.

Well that wasn't clear from your comments at all, quite the contrary ;)

There are specific D tools
designed for that  from the very beginning

Named mixin templates are also 'designed for scope resolution from the very beginning' if that means anything.

and we should use and/or fix those.

They don't fit. You simply cannot have multiple D modules per file.

I don't see any problem with having lot of files. It is natural way organizing D code if you consider protection attributes that define module as minimal encapsulation unit.