On Monday, 5 May 2014 at 16:33:42 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
On 5/5/14, 8:55 AM, Dicebot wrote:

It was just a most simple example. "Unittests should do no I/O because any sort of I/O can fail because of reasons you don't control from the
test suite" is an appropriate generalization of my statement.

Full /tmp is not a problem, there is nothing broken about system with full /tmp. Problem is test reporting that is unable to connect failure
with /tmp being full unless you do environment verification.

Different strokes for different folks. -- Andrei

There is nothing subjective about it. It is a very well-define practical goal - getting either reproducible or informative reports for test failures from machines you don't have routine access to. Why still keeping test sources maintainable (ok this part is subjective). It is relatively simple engineering problem but you discard widely adopted solution for it (strict control of test requirements) without proposing any real alternative. "I will yell at someone when it breaks" is not really a solution.