On Tue, 06 May 2014 10:20:45 +0800
Lionello Lunesu via Digitalmars-d <digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> After last year's incident with my tires getting slashed, I'm really
> hoping I can do without a car during this year's DConf. How feasible
> is this?
>
> I'll be staying at Aloft. Would be great if there's someone I can
> share a ride with. I've also seen there's a public bus going more or
> less to FB and back, so I should be good there. (Right?)
>
> But how about getting to SFO or down town? Am I causing myself a
> whole lot of pain (albeit of a different kind) by not renting a car?
> To be clear, I'm not looking for an economical option, just peace of
> mind.

While getting around in that area without a car is certainly possible,
it's also going to be far more of a pain, and the odds of your tires
being slashed even once are quite low, let alone a second time. So, I'd
suggest that you just rent a car and not worry about your tires getting
slashed. Clearly, you were quite unlucky last year, but I'd be very
surprised if you were that unlucky again. Obviously, it's up to you though.

- Jonathan M Davis