Le 12/05/2014 19:14, Dicebot a écrit :
On Monday, 12 May 2014 at 17:03:41 UTC, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
But D is *so close*... and I like it! >_<

I have to say that this discussion has certainly left me somewhat
intrigued by Rust though.
I've never given it a fair go because I find the syntax so distasteful
and deterring.
I wonder if there's a market for a rust fork that re-skin's the
language ;)

Right now D has practical benefit of being more stable and library rich.
But switching to Rust eventually does seem tempting as I find
foundations of their type system much closer to my beliefs about "good
coding practices".

It lacks any good static reflection though. And this stuff is damn
addictive when you try it of D caliber.

All compile time things of D are marvelous.
This with the compile time and the language less error prone make me want D.
I am not sure I need safety so much. It's nice but not mandatory for any of my projects. The only one which has to be safe is DQuick.