On 5/22/2014 3:39 PM, Dicebot wrote:

Second question - that is something yet to investigate. Natural relation
between those is that value captured by `scoped` should be qualified as
`scope` to be reliably memory safe. Does that also mean that you can
skip `scoped` altogether and release all scope variables at the end of
scope automatically? Something yet to investigate.

Ooh, looking at the docs for phobos scoped now, I see it's mainly just for emplacing a class on the stack, and doesn't prevent escaping at all. I'm understanding it better now.

I had thought there was something in phobos that worked for structs, preventing escaping by disabling postblit and then guaranteeing destruction at the end of the defining scope - or something vaguely like that anyway. But I think I was confusing several different things such as scoped, emplace and RefCOunted.