On 6/5/2014 6:08 PM, deadalnix wrote:
On Thursday, 5 June 2014 at 14:11:32 UTC, H. S. Teoh via
Digitalmars-d wrote:
Ha!

Though, truth be told, I can't stand modern pop music.

My (completely unfounded) belief is that nobody *truly* likes that stuff. ;)

I always go for metal, goa trance and alike. That keep my lizard
brain quiet while my higher cognitive capacity are at work.

Right now Gamma Ray - Powerplant

Yea, I'm similar. It seems kinda weird (even to me), but the heavier, faster, louder stuff often helps me stay "in the zone". If I don't have music, or if I play smooth jazz (which I do normally quite like), then my mind will start to wander.

My coding music lately has been anywhere between not-entirely-mainstream rock/pop/electronic to industrial metal. Like Kotoko, KMFDM, Thrill Kill Kult, Manson, Crystal Method, Queensryche, Ohgr/Skinny Puppy, Daft Punk's latest album, etc. Largely stuff that would probably make most people go "How does that not distract you?" Somehow it manages to keep me from distracting myself.