On 07/17/2014 04:01 PM, Byron Heads wrote:
A Volatile(T) in stdlib seems to make a lot of sense, I am also wondering
if the implementation of shared should be done the same way (if it does
already then ignore), just use the compile to enforce shared and have it
rewrite it as Shared(T).

I've grepped the DMD source and currently 'shared' is a _bit flag_ set or not set on some uint member field of the 'Type' class. I assume this is also the main reason why adding new type qualifiers is a really unpleasant undertaking: this is a highly non-modular design.