On 07/18/2014 09:23 PM, Meta wrote:
On Friday, 18 July 2014 at 17:59:05 UTC, Brad Anderson wrote:
On Friday, 18 July 2014 at 08:48:08 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:
[...]
Since there are a lot of existing lazy algorithms in Phobos that do
not follow this naming convention, either the convention is pointless
or we go through yet another round of changing Phobos names and
breaking everyone's code.

What user is going to think that's intuitive? It's not a bad idea, but
it's terribly complicated and it doesn't even indicate the critical
property of the function: that it's lazy. Let's just prepend -Lazy to
the name and call it a day. Why prepend instead of append? Because the
names will be sorted in lexical order and we want abbrevLazy to show up
right below abbrev.

- abbrev         : abbrevLazy
- capitalize     : capitalizeLazy
- center         : centerLazy
- detab          : detabLazy
- entab          : entabLazy
- format         : formatLazy
- leftJustify    : leftJustifyLazy
- munch          : munchLazy
- outdent        : outdentLazy
- removechars    : removedCharsLazy

...etc.

No please.

- It's too long.

- lazyLazy(lazyLazyLazy,lazyLazy.lazyLazyLazy).

- There are already lazy ranges that do not have the suffix.