On Friday, 29 August 2014 at 02:10:47 UTC, Jeremy Powers via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On Wed, Aug 27, 2014 at 12:30 PM, Nick Sabalausky via Digitalmars-d <
digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:

Therefore, I think the main critera we should be looking at here, for any of the possibilities, isn't "Does this language have flaws?" but rather "Is this language *good enough* to be supported by DUB as a JSON alternative?"

The 'alternative' bit is the kicker. Personally, I don't believe DUB can succeed at having multiple supported config languages - one or the other will win out over time, and users will diverge. So no language would meet
that bar (in my opinion).

I can totally see JSON format being used mostly by the tools and new one written by actual developers - everyone gets its niche.