On Saturday, 30 August 2014 at 14:49:04 UTC, Daniel Murphy wrote:
"Dicebot" wrote in message news:hvwtyelwvrsrgvbcq...@forum.dlang.org...

No it is not. GitHub is an intrusive closed ecosystem and it is legitimate concern for anyone caring about the open internet. The fact that I have considered D contribution more important than this concern and the fact that you consider such reasoning silly does not make it less legit and/or widespread.

Making a throwaway github account does not endorse github any more than contributing to D another way does.

Erm, no? It is _exactly_ what is needed for endorsement here. Just registering an account is a good enough support for majority of the user base. Because that way you help those more actively using the service to maintain expectations that there is no world outside of it and anyone meaning business must join. This is like "Social Ecosystems 101" basics, I am really worried by someone as extremely competent as you thinking it doesn't matter.