On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 15:10:35 UTC, Ola Fosheim Grøstad wrote:
On Tuesday, 2 September 2014 at 14:53:17 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
If you are going to speak more about abstract performance I am going to simply ignore any of your further posts on topic.

I am not abstract. These are very concrete requirements:

1. You have to be able to determine types and formatting at compile time otherwise you cannot do binary logging.

2. You have to be able to determine types and formatting at compile time otherwise you cannot minimize the probability of introducing run-time errors by turning on full logging.

Ok, this is much more specific. With a similar concerns in mind I have proposed to add a `log` overload that doesn't have variadic arguments and takes a single pre-formatted string (with file/line/module as default run-time arguments). With a custom formatting function (compile-time or run-time at users choice) it should fit these requirements. Does that sounds feasible to you?