On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 15:29:58 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Thursday, 4 December 2014 at 12:57:59 UTC, Ben wrote:
I am interested in organizing some meetups for D programmers in the nearby area. The first of these will be very informal and involve a social meeting at a cafe or bar to chat and gauge any interest in future events and in what direction people think these should head. I was thinking of arranging this for mid January next year but am very flexible on the dates.

Sounds great, wanted to initiate that myself for quite a while, but lacked the time to do so. Lot of people use http://www.meetup.com/, maybe that would get us some more visitors.

We thought of at first targeting more towards the existing community. Then see how it goes and if there is momentum and interest in doing a more open event, hosting a few talks, some of them targeted as non-D users. I think that kind of event might be more suitable to announce in http://www.meetup.com/. But we are open to other ideas too I think (I don't want to talk in Ben's behalf ;-).