On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 15:14:28 UTC, Bienlein wrote:
On Saturday, 20 December 2014 at 14:06:51 UTC, Paulo Pinto wrote:

That is why I seldom buy into hype driven development.

Okay, so Docker is hype? Have you seen the impact of it? Every Java magazine has articles about Docker. And that is not because Java people had an interest in it, because it is written in Go. It is because of its business value.

Have a look at all the job offers for Go developers here: http://www.golangprojects.com. All those jobs are the result of some hype.

I wasn't talking about Go specifically, rather the adoption of technologies in the going up slope of the hype curve in the IT fashion world.