On 1/19/15 2:49 PM, Ary Borenszweig wrote:
On 1/19/15 12:51 PM, Alexey T. wrote:
Will be much easier to read Source, if func declarataion begins with
keyword. "def" of "func". e.g.

func myName(params.....): typeOfResult;
or
func myName(params...) -> typeOfResult;

easier to read and PARSE. Next D version may allow--with compatability
of old syntad (C like where typeOfResult is 1st id).

No. -- Andrei

How do you search for a function definition?

In Ruby I search "def some_name" and I find it. In Go I can probably
search "func some_name". In Rust, "fn some_name".

Browsing some C code for Ruby I search with regex with "^some_name"
because they have the convention of writing functions like this:

return_type
function_name(...) {
}

It works, but if you stop following that convention you are lost.

So... how do you search for a function definition in D without an IDE?

I abandon D and switch to Ruby. -- Andrei