On 1/21/2015 3:25 PM, Mike wrote:
On Wednesday, 21 January 2015 at 19:51:57 UTC, Walter Bright wrote:

The Dart one is probably most similar to this proposal. But there definitely
is a trend among these sites - a menu across the top, lots of white space,
lots of scrolling. I can't say I'm a fan, but it's undeniable what people
consider modern. (I like the older style, as it is denser and easier to
navigate.)

You forgot Nim:
http://nim-lang.org

And I personally like Nim's website best.

The slideshow is interesting, though I don't think code should be in them, as it goes to the next slide too quickly.

I have to agree with Walter, and prefer the denser design.

This proposal is attractive, though, but the new website trends are too sparse.
I realize this is the modern trend, but that trend seems to treat eveything like
a 5" smartphone.

I don't think that's surprising, but a big desktop display and a smartphone are different enough they need a different mindset. I'm not going to start editing code on a smartphone in the foreseeable future. I need a BFG 9000 display.