On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 15:25:05 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Wednesday, 28 January 2015 at 15:18:44 UTC, Kagamin wrote:
Same goes for possible introduction of new attributes - if syntax for those and UDA is identical, it can break code same as introducing new keywords.

Same for any symbol. Do you have a solution?

Long time ago I have proposed to actually define built-it attributes as UDA's in public druntime module. That way any possible conflict can be resolved relatively easy with dfix using module system disambugation (or just hard-code druntime symbols to be legal to shadow by user ones, though that sounds too much of a magic and surprise)

I suppose, when UDA conflicts with builtin attribute, that UDA can be still disambiguated through module system.