On 30/01/2015 5:32 p.m., Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
It seems like its been too long since I posted asking for GSOC help.

The start of submissions for the 2015 Google Summer of Code is fast
approaching,
so once again I would like to approach the community for some
assistance. My immediate needs are:

1) I need a volunteer for 'backup' administrator.  This is a
requirement, so I really
need someone to volunteer for this position, which with a little luck
will require
exactly 0 work, and will bring you great honour and prestige.

2) DigitalMars is listed as the mentoring orgnaization.  Should we
register rather
as dlang.org?

Walter? are you ok with it being DigitalMars?

3) QML.  The QML project is very thin, and unless it can be improved it
will
need to be dropped.  Recently there was a QML project posted on the
Announce list:

http://forum.dlang.org/thread/hapeegrotkazppwdn...@forum.dlang.org

This might be a good starting point for a student project, if the
developer of
this project is interested in mentoring, but I haven't been able to get
a hold of
him/her. Does anyone know how to get in touch with 'filcuc'.

4) Extra polishing is welcome on any of the ideas sections.  In
particular I
wanted to have a "It is Good To Know" section indicating what students
should
know (or be expected to learn).  Some of these are fairly well filled out,
others are non-existant or sparse.  The ideas page is at:

http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2015_Ideas

5) If you are a mentor, I've tried to make a bio's page for mentors. It can
be seen here:

http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_mentors

If you are a mentor please consider filling your bio out.  I've dug up
stuff
off the web/old D Conf bio's, etc on a few of you, but it would be nice
if folks
could edit their own.

6) We could still use maybe one (or two) more solid ideas.  If you are
working
on some cool project related to the D ecosystem, and think a student
could help you (and you could help
them) we could maybe add your idea to the list.  Especially if we end up
dropping QML.

Based upon what I was saying for getting window creation library in phobos.
We need a good image library. This is another blocker. Requires color definition so it might be included depending on how Manu goes.
Also could be useful is cross platform sound output.
Printing?

7) If we are approved we will need to form a committee to evaluate the
student
proposals that will undoubtedly flood in ...  any volunteers for that
duty!  It should likely include the mentors, but they might be biased,
so some folks outside the mentors group would be nice.

Count me in.