On 3/15/15 5:25 AM, Joseph Rushton Wakeling via Digitalmars-d wrote:
On 14/03/15 18:31, Andrei Alexandrescu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
I was looking at easy installation of dmd on ubuntu, and found this:

http://d-apt.sourceforge.net/

Should we make it part of the official distribution?

It would be nice to have an official apt repo.  I find the way things
are packaged there slightly unsatisfactory, inasmuch as it packages
various different tools into the dmd-bin package (e.g. both dmd and
rdmd) rather than allowing you to install/uninstall them separately.

Alternatively, might be worth setting up a dlang PPA on Launchpad (I
think it probably makes things easier setting up packages for multiple
different Ubuntu and Debian installs).

Do we have one or more experts in all of the above with time at their disposal? -- Andrei