Hi!
I'm working on a Big Data project, where a huge amount of RAM is needed. Using D I've run into a - let's called it - memory leak. I tested this with following code:

        foreach(i; 0..1000) {
                int[] ints;
                foreach(j; 0..1000) {
                        ints ~= uniform(0, 100);

Without the first foreach this code use only 220KB,
with the first foreach this code needs 2,5MB.
(220KB x 1000 is something around 2,5MB).

But why is GC (Garbage Collector) not running? Following the explanations in http://wiki.dlang.org/Memory_Management memory usage should be something around 220KB.

I used GC.minimize, slow down the loop, replaced uniform...doesn't work. (By the way: After a while my LINUX server killed my big data project because running out of RAM & SWAP space)

Thanks for your advice,
Ozan