On Friday, 3 April 2015 at 15:35:15 UTC, Iain Buclaw wrote:
On 3 April 2015 at 12:10, Andrea Fontana via Digitalmars-d
<digitalmars-d@puremagic.com> wrote:
It would be great to have dmd on embedded platforms.

We have GDC supporting ARM, MIPS, PPC, S390, etc... LDC supporting
ARM... what more do you want?

Hmmm, probably I'm missing something. I tried some time ago to develop something for raspberry pi & co but it wasn't fully supported, if I'm right. Is phobos ported too?

It would really useful: have you ever seen code for 3d printers? It would be benefit a lot from D :)

I build a 3d printer, and its firmware is written in C for arduino from many hands. I thinks it would a good idea to switch to something like rpi, and rewrite firmware in D, it's not that complex. I had to check many times that C code, and I think it's really messy.

Andrea