On Tuesday, 7 April 2015 at 08:01:19 UTC, Dicebot wrote:
On Monday, 6 April 2015 at 18:17:31 UTC, deadalnix wrote:
On the other hand, many features in the language could be implementation as macro in object.d, reducing language complexity.

Mixin has some severe limitation when you want to pass symbols that are not accessible down the road (the type mechanism in SDC is a very good example of how absurdly complex things can get just because you need to make some symbols accessible down the road).

I'm not eager to see them in, as I'd favor finishing what is already started.

Over time, while researching how macro approach feels like in other languages, I have become more sceptical of providing it as a generally available feature. But it could be interesting to allow them only in std / core package to be able to move more language implementation into library.

My opinion is that it should be addressed as a culture problem and not trying to limit the language. If a macro-system could be added it shouldn't be limited to just phobos code. Instead the community should look down upon over usage of the feature in non-library code.