On 4/13/15 1:34 PM, BS & LD wrote:
On Monday, 13 April 2015 at 17:24:38 UTC, Steven Schveighoffer wrote:
D doesn't do this, you have to know the size of the stack array at
compile time. You can use alloca, which will give you some runtime
allocation of stack, but it can be dangerous (as noted).

I don't know how things are handled here but it will be very nice if
someone could make the language support this.

It's very unlikely this will make it into the language. Alloca should be good enough for this, it's not a very common usage, and supporting it is not easy.

Value range propagation (the compiler understanding what values a
variable can be at some point in time) only is inside one statement.
It does not remember what szArr can be at a later statement.

Although I think it will be a nice feature if it can. I would prefer
slower compilation then slower code.

It requires flow analysis, and that is not something I think any of the compiler devs are willing to add at this point.

-Steve