On Saturday, 6 June 2015 at 01:13:38 UTC, anonymous wrote:
On Friday, 5 June 2015 at 20:18:59 UTC, tcak wrote:
I am looking at the main page of dlang.org, and really there is no page to warm up a new comer to D language. Sure, there are book links, details of language as "D Reference" etc, but those are not suitable for a new starting guy.

http://dlang.org/getstarted.html should be that page. Unfortunately, it's not very good.

I made a pull request to feature Ali's "Programming in D" more prominently there:
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1010
Because as far as I know that's the best we have for absolute newbies.

Showing the features of language with SIMPLE examples in many pages could be very useful in my opinion.

Yeah, for somewhat advanced people that are just new to D that could be nice.

Ali's book should promoted far more than it is, it's the most up to date comprehensive tutorial/book D has(I consider TDPL more of a reference manual.)