On Wednesday, 17 June 2015 at 17:18:42 UTC, ketmar wrote:
On Tue, 16 Jun 2015 03:05:06 -0700, Walter Bright wrote:

On 6/14/2015 4:03 AM, ketmar wrote:
honestly, if i'll want to have a limited language, i'll take Go.

Go doesn't have conditional compilation.

you got it!

> removing a power only 'cause it can be abused is not in a "spirit of
 > D",

Actually, D does quite a bit of that. For example, it deliberately does not allow > to be overloaded separately from <. It does not allow multiple inheritance. It does not allow structs to have virtual functions.

(All of these deliberate limitations have had their proponents.)

and you know what? people constantly trying to "fix" that. what is funny is that sometimes ugly kludges are even considered for inclusion into language ("multiple `alias this`, i'm looking at you! ah, and `alias this` for that matter).

sometimes I find 'alias this' quite elegant, such as using alias this to a function. Other times I find it to be a poor hack to get around the lack of struct inheritance.