On 9/5/2015 4:32 PM, Manu via Digitalmars-d wrote:
Perhaps the NG server should make an effort to trim the wanted message
content then?

I'd rather work with NNTP as it is.

I'm still astonished I'm the only one that uses Gmail... this should
be a rampant problem.

It probably is a rampant problem. I notice it with you because Thunderbird gives a line count for a message, and yours are usually in the hundreds of lines while others are like 10 to 20.

Your last one was 109 lines long, although you only wrote 1 original line of
text.

It also isn't helpful to include a quote of the whole previous message - just what you are specifically replying to.