Perhaps the answer to this is obvious, but what's harder to write from scratch - a C++ compiler or a D compiler? :-)

We know Walter wrote a C++ compiler single handedly, does anyone else recall the C++ Grandmaster qualification, the free course where participants get to write a complete C++ compiler from scratch? I think it's dead now but I can't find any real info about that despite a serious google. What's the chances of anyone single-handedly writing a D compiler from scratch in the future? I know deadalnix is writing SDC in D - sounds interesting. Is the D language well enough documented / specified for a complete D implementation to be even possible (as things stand now)?