On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 06:38:08PM +0000, Jonathan M Davis via Digitalmars-d
wrote:
> On Wednesday, 21 October 2015 at 18:14:39 UTC, jmh530 wrote:
[...]
> >Are you saying there isn't a reason to use static arrays?
>
> A static array is of a fixed size, which almost no other containers
> are. It also lives entirely on the stack, which almost no other
> containers do.
[...]

You forget that static arrays can also be struct/class members, and in
the latter case they are not necessarily on the stack. You do have a
point that they are of fixed size, though, and as such are of limited
use as containers.

"I'm running Windows '98." "Yes." "My computer isn't working now." "Yes, you
already said that." -- User-Friendly