On Monday, 14 December 2015 at 20:25:17 UTC, bachmeier wrote:
On Monday, 14 December 2015 at 19:38:26 UTC, Jack Stouffer wrote:

If you're trying to use Phobos without knowing what template constraints and ranges are, you're going to have a bad time.

D is doomed if new users have to understand template constraints and ranges to use the standard library. To be honest, I don't know why you should have to understand either of those to test if two arrays have the same length.

I think you raise valid concerns both with respect to improving the presentation of the documentation and the examples.

Function signatures are clearly important for the documentation. It's just a matter of presenting the information so that it is clear to someone new, but also so that an expert can find the information they need easily as well.