On 12/17/15 10:43 AM, qznc wrote:
On Wednesday, 16 December 2015 at 21:05:27 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
I was looking at
https://github.com/D-Programming-Language/dlang.org/pull/1169 and that
bold sans serif proportional text for the code is just... well let's
say it's time to replace it.

What would be a good code font to use for those?

I don't think listening to random forum opinions (Inconsolata!!1) is a
good process.

Then I guess I should stop reading here :o).

What is the intention we want to convey with the font choice?

a) Just use whatever is default, we dont care. (font-family:monospace;)

b) Use what the viewer is familiar with. That depends on the OS and
other factors. Consolas for Windows users? A quick google tour did not
turn up any popularity statistics for "programmer fonts".

c) Something beautiful. We are special. We care for every detail. We
have a brand. Increased loading time for the website is the price to
pay. It should also look the same on most systems.

d) Any other relatively objective process?

The task is intentionally loosely defined. "Make a different nice font choice for the function signatures." There shouldn't be a need to micromanage that.