On Tuesday, 5 January 2016 at 22:12:05 UTC, Mengu wrote:
guys, what we need is a DB abstraction supporting PostgreSQL, MySQL and other major database systems and we need it yesterday. let's not make things more complex than they are and build up this thing.

What is needed isn't a DB abstraction, but a language that makes elegant programming abstractions easy to implement for a wide variety of problem areas.

You can do DB abstractions in any language... No point in having a thread about it if anything goes. Just do 2-3 different prototypes and select the best ones. No discussion needed...