On Monday, 18 January 2016 at 13:17:54 UTC, Martin Nowak wrote:
On Thursday, 14 January 2016 at 16:10:29 UTC, Andrei Alexandrescu wrote:
local symbols can hide global symbols

Correct. The implicitly introduced locals are the problem. Can anyone on the compiler team work on this? -- Andrei

No, we cannot just jump to anything that pops up on the newsgroup, b/c we would only be jump but no longer work on anything. I've trying to put fixing the whole import system on the agenda for the past 2 releases, but didn't got much feedback. Import issues are constantly breaking code (e.g. http://forum.dlang.org/post/mailman.3708.1453114739.22025.digitalmars-d-annou...@puremagic.com) and cause such troubles during development. I think it's time to dedicate a whole release to work on imports.

I tried to simply define imports, and it is way more complex than you'd expect. We probably need some spec first.