On Thursday, 31 December 2015 at 23:58:32 UTC, Craig Dillabaugh wrote:
The deadline for the Google Summer of Code, 2016 is February 19th. Which means we have about a month and a half to put something together. For the time being I've recycled last years projects (with one dropped so far):

http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_2016_Ideas#Ideas

clip

http://wiki.dlang.org/GSOC_mentors

We have had another student inquiry on the GSOC front. I am going from memory, which is always a bit sketchy, but it seems that there is a bit of an increase in student interest this year.

Would there be any interest in a project to automate binding generation from C files (or perhaps even a full conversion tool)? This could be done either as a new project, or possibly building on dstep - if there is meaningful work that can still be done to improve that project. Alternately, the student suggested using pycparser (https://github.com/eliben/pycparse) as the basis for such a tool?

Jacob, are you sure you don't want to Mentor? It seems like you are involved in all the interesting projects from a student perspective :o)

Is there work that can be done to improve dstep?