On Tuesday, 8 March 2016 at 18:01:25 UTC, Lodovico Giaretta wrote:
- one accepting InputRanges, that can work with almost any data source and does not require the entire input to be available at the same time; it's cons are that it must allocate lots of small strings (one for each token) and grow them one char at a time, so it's not so fast;

It could reuse its buffer though, and deal in `const(char)[]` instead of `string`. The consumer is responsible for copying if they need it. But I guess this will only be useful for the pull parser, or for one-pass filters/lookups.

This is just an early sketch, but I'd love to get some feedback.
Thank you for your time.

You might also check out Steven Schveighoffer's experimental IO module for stream parsing:

https://forum.dlang.org/thread/na14ul$30uo$1...@digitalmars.com