On Monday, 21 March 2016 at 16:01:59 UTC, Guillaume Piolat wrote:
On Monday, 21 March 2016 at 15:45:36 UTC, wobbles wrote:
Hi Folks,

I have a project in mind that I'd like to run on my new Raspberry Pi 3. Essentially a security camera that will only record when it detects changes between frames. Now, this is already a solved problem I believe, however in the interest of learning I want to do it myself.

Ideally, I'd compare two images using the OpenCV library, and ideally I'd do that from D code.

However, there exists no OpenCV binding for D that I can find. Is there a technical reason for this?

I understand the OpenCV C api is quite old and dated, and it's recommended to use the C++ one as a result.
On that, where is C++ / D linkage at?

I know very little about linking the two, but it's something I'd like to learn more about and see this as an opportunity for that - before I sink a load of time into it, however, it'd be good to know if it's even feasibly possible to do so.

Thanks!

It's quite easy to write bindings for libraries that have a C interface (ie most), if only a bit boring.

That's the thing, it doesn't have a C interface (or more correctly, it's modern versions don't have a C interface as it has been deprecated since I think version 2.4. OpenCV is at 3.4 now).

I was wondering if there was any difficulties interfacing D to the C++ API?