On Tuesday, 22 March 2016 at 20:43:07 UTC, Chris Wright wrote:
Helping others to be polite is in fact progressive and enlightened. Your response is neither.

The problem with this idea is that you need an authority which decides what is the correct polite speech and what's not. There's no registry of universally polite speech. There can't be. I remind you - this post is made in a forum of a programming language over 10 years old and there're still major syntax change requests posted (DAE hove/hate semicolons?).

You can't please everyone. People have different ideas about what's offensive/progressive. As long as you're agreeing with the authority you're fine, the problem starts when you're not. You are going to get old and stop keeping up with the progressive idea of the day. Did you know that motherland is now a regressive word? Here's a VS addon to remind you of that:

https://marketplace.visualstudio.com/items?itemName=shinnn.alex

Why don't we look past the superficial stuff in the language and assume good intent? Do we really need to stand on moral high ground and look down on people less skilled in communicating politely? Is drama and infantilization of the community worth that feeling you get when 1-upping a regressive person? This time could be spent better by making awesome libraries for example. With that bluntly communicating person.